Martial-arts star Tony Jaa (“Ong Bak”) is joining the (already star-packed) cast of “Fast & Furious 7″.
Jaa joins a cast that already features such heavyweights (some literal heavyweights) as Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham and Ronda Rousey.
“I have been a big fan of the Fast and Furious franchise,” Jaa tells The Hollywood Reporter via e-mail from Thailand. “The films are fast-paced, fun and keep the audience involved. There is a great mix of humor and action, something I really appreciate. There is no better film to be involved in for a first U.S. studio production.”
Asked whether or not he’ll be thrashing Vin or Dwayne in the film, Jaa responded “Having a chance to work with Vin Diesel and The Rock already makes me a winner.”
No word on which character Jaa, who makes his English-language debut in the James Wan directed film, plays.
- Tony Jaa joins the cast of Fast & Furious 7 - August 24, 2013
- Ronan the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy - August 24, 2013
- Field remakes Inbetweeners, Lowery reunites with Affleck - August 23, 2013
- Penthouse North - August 16, 2013
- Hammer of the Gods - August 16, 2013
- First Position - August 16, 2013
- Be standing for presidential stills from Parkland - August 13, 2013
- Powell joins Expendables 3; Filming kicks off next week - August 13, 2013
- TV : Slade on Crossbones; Four join The Knick - August 13, 2013
- Always knew Mary Jane Watson was a bit of a Midnight Special - August 13, 2013