“42” star Chadwick Boseman will play the godfather of soul James Brown in a biopic that’s been in development for over a decade.
Brian Grazer’s untitled biopic, in the works since 2011, once had both Eddie Murphy and Wesley Snipes interested, with Spike Lee at one stage wanting to direct.
The new incarnation has Tate Taylor (“The Help”) attached to direct and produce, alongside Imagine’s Grazer (“The Da Vinci Code”) and Erica Huggins and Jagged Films’ Mick Jagger and Victoria Pearman. Jez and John-Henry Butterworth (“Fair Game”) wrote the screenplay.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015