“42” star Chadwick Boseman will play the godfather of soul James Brown in a biopic that’s been in development for over a decade.
Brian Grazer’s untitled biopic, in the works since 2011, once had both Eddie Murphy and Wesley Snipes interested, with Spike Lee at one stage wanting to direct.
The new incarnation has Tate Taylor (“The Help”) attached to direct and produce, alongside Imagine’s Grazer (“The Da Vinci Code”) and Erica Huggins and Jagged Films’ Mick Jagger and Victoria Pearman. Jez and John-Henry Butterworth (“Fair Game”) wrote the screenplay.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015