“42” star Chadwick Boseman will play the godfather of soul James Brown in a biopic that’s been in development for over a decade.
Brian Grazer’s untitled biopic, in the works since 2011, once had both Eddie Murphy and Wesley Snipes interested, with Spike Lee at one stage wanting to direct.
The new incarnation has Tate Taylor (“The Help”) attached to direct and produce, alongside Imagine’s Grazer (“The Da Vinci Code”) and Erica Huggins and Jagged Films’ Mick Jagger and Victoria Pearman. Jez and John-Henry Butterworth (“Fair Game”) wrote the screenplay.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014