Vin Diesel says his meeting with Marvel wasn’t initially about “Guardians of the Galaxy” – it was about doing something different altogether.
The muscle-bound hero of the “Fast and Furious” movies tells The Hollywood Reporter that he had been speaking with the studio about headlining a movie that would come out in 2016. But that, he discovered when he went to Comic Con, might be too long a wait for fans. Instead, Diesel and Marvel realized he might be able to fit in a fun ‘voice’ role sooner.
“With my schedule, it was almost impossible to imagine I could do anything immediate,” says the busy actor. “I guess after they watched Iron Giant, or whatever, they came up with this idea of taking the strangest Marvel character — or the strangest Marvel character that’s ever hit film — and thought what I could do with that with motion capture and with my voice,” he said.
Diesel, promoting “Riddick”, said the other film he had been speaking to Marvel about was going to be about a new intellectual property. Anyone’s guess what that was… maybe “Luke Cage”?
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014