Vin Diesel says his meeting with Marvel wasn’t initially about “Guardians of the Galaxy” – it was about doing something different altogether.
The muscle-bound hero of the “Fast and Furious” movies tells The Hollywood Reporter that he had been speaking with the studio about headlining a movie that would come out in 2016. But that, he discovered when he went to Comic Con, might be too long a wait for fans. Instead, Diesel and Marvel realized he might be able to fit in a fun ‘voice’ role sooner.
“With my schedule, it was almost impossible to imagine I could do anything immediate,” says the busy actor. “I guess after they watched Iron Giant, or whatever, they came up with this idea of taking the strangest Marvel character — or the strangest Marvel character that’s ever hit film — and thought what I could do with that with motion capture and with my voice,” he said.
Diesel, promoting “Riddick”, said the other film he had been speaking to Marvel about was going to be about a new intellectual property. Anyone’s guess what that was… maybe “Luke Cage”?
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015