Vin Diesel says his meeting with Marvel wasn’t initially about “Guardians of the Galaxy” – it was about doing something different altogether.
The muscle-bound hero of the “Fast and Furious” movies tells The Hollywood Reporter that he had been speaking with the studio about headlining a movie that would come out in 2016. But that, he discovered when he went to Comic Con, might be too long a wait for fans. Instead, Diesel and Marvel realized he might be able to fit in a fun ‘voice’ role sooner.
“With my schedule, it was almost impossible to imagine I could do anything immediate,” says the busy actor. “I guess after they watched Iron Giant, or whatever, they came up with this idea of taking the strangest Marvel character — or the strangest Marvel character that’s ever hit film — and thought what I could do with that with motion capture and with my voice,” he said.
Diesel, promoting “Riddick”, said the other film he had been speaking to Marvel about was going to be about a new intellectual property. Anyone’s guess what that was… maybe “Luke Cage”?
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015