1. Evan Ross, who played Charlie Selby on “90210”, has been cast as Messalla, Cressida’s (Natalie Dormer) cameraman in the final two instalments of “The Hunger Games” series. “The Hunger Games: Mockinjay – Part 1” and ”The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” will unarguably be Ross’s biggest films to date.
2. NBC is planning a series based on the 1995 film “Outbreak”. “E.R.” executive producers Jack Orman and John Well are developing and scripting the project, which they envision to be an hour-long weekly drama. The original film featured the likes of Morgan Freeman, Patrick Dempsey, Rene Russo and Dustin Hoffman.
3. Jessica Alba, next in “Machete Kills”, has joined Samuel L.Jackson and Hailee Steinfeld in “Barely Lethal”, an action/comedy which centers on a teenage assassin who is hunted by a former associate after she fakes her own death and enrols in a suburban high school. Alba will play the villain Victoria Knox.
4. A new teaser for the upcoming “American Horror Story : Coven” has been released.
”Coven,” the newest miniseries in the “American Horror Story” franchise, will debut on Wednesday, October 9 at 10:00 PM ET/PT on FX. Currently in production in New Orleans, the 13-part miniseries will air Wednesdays at 10:00 PM ET/PT though January of 2014.
5. Marlon Wayans has tapped Gabriel Iglesias (”Planes”, ”Magic Mike’), Jamie Pressly (“I Love Your Man”) and Ashley Rickards (“Gamer”) for his comedy sequel “A Haunted House 2″.
6. On December 3, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) will release ”Argo Extended Edition” on Blu-ray™, featuring an additional nine minutes of footage that delves deeper into CIA specialist Tony Mendez’s personal relationships with his wife and son. Based on the true story of the life-or-death covert operation to rescue six Americans during the Iran hostage crisis, the film also focuses on the little-known role that the CIA and Hollywood played. Ben Affleck (The Town) directed. Available in Blu-ray (at $49.99 SRP) with UltraViolet* digital copy, Argo Extended Edition will be offered in time for holiday gift giving. This new edition includes three brand new special features: Ben Affleck’s Balancing Act and Argo Declassified featurettes; plus a mash-up entitled Argo F*ck! Yourself. In addition, there are collectible premiums of a one-sheet poster, map of Tehran, reproduction of Tony Mendez’s CIA ID card, and a 40-page book with behind-the-scenes photos, production notes, cast bios and more. Jeff Baker, WBHE’s Executive Vice President and General Manager, Theatrical Catalog, commented, “We are very pleased to be collaborating with Ben and his team for a second time. This new edition of Argo is even more enriched by the never-before-seen bonus footage and fascinating collectible memorabilia.”
7. Vin Diesel takes on a creature in the first clip from “Riddick” :
9. The first day of filming on “Star Wars Episode VII” will reportedly take place on January 21, 2014. That’s a Tuesday.
10. “The Hunger Games” will be re-issued on DVD and Blu-ray in Australia on October 30, now with an added UltraViolet copy included.