Paul Giamatti’s “Darkly comedic” new series “Hoke”, set up at FX, has been greenlit.
Based on Charles Willeford’s series of novels, Sideswipe, New Hope for the Dead and The Way We Die Now, “Hoke” is the story of “mid-life crisis and murder that features the hard-boiled and possibly insane homicide detective, “Hoke Moseley” (Giamatti), in pre-chic Miami circa 1985.”
Production on the series, which Curtis Hanson (“L.A Confidential”) is an EP on , will begin in Miami later this year. Scott Frank is the brainchild behind the show.
“Like Elmore Leonard, Charles Willeford is one of the most deeply respected writers of crime fiction and he created a wholly original and colorful lead character in Detective Hoke Mosely,” FX Networks original programming president Eric Schrier said in a statement announcing the news Wednesday via The Hollywood Reporter. He added: “Scott Frank delivered a magnificent script and we are honored that Paul Giamatti will bring Hoke to life. We’re grateful to Curtis Hanson, Carol Fenelon, Paul, and Dan Carey for bringing us this project.”
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014