Critics didn’t think it encompassed much magic, but that didn’t stop Louis Letterier’s magician caper “Now You See Me” from becoming one of the most profitable films of the U.S Summer.
With the money it made, despite those reviews, Summit have greenlit a sequel, courting director Letterier to return in his position of director.
Speaking to Coming Soon, Letterier (who also directed “Clash of the Titans” and “The Incredible Hulk”) said he’ll be back for a sequel that will utilise every plot strain they had to drop from the original. Apparently the first film was designed to be a lot bigger, with much of the bigger story left out.
“I’m currently, not writing, but we’re coming up with the story, the plot, the everything, the twist and the new characters and everything. It was always at least a diptych, two movies, to tell one long story, so yeah, I’m very much involved in it. I don’t know if it’s going to be my next movie. I know we want to do it pretty fast but I might be able to do another movie in between.”
No word yet on whether “Now You See Me” stars Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson and Isla Fisher will be back, but chances are they will be.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015