Critics didn’t think it encompassed much magic, but that didn’t stop Louis Letterier’s magician caper “Now You See Me” from becoming one of the most profitable films of the U.S Summer.
With the money it made, despite those reviews, Summit have greenlit a sequel, courting director Letterier to return in his position of director.
Speaking to Coming Soon, Letterier (who also directed “Clash of the Titans” and “The Incredible Hulk”) said he’ll be back for a sequel that will utilise every plot strain they had to drop from the original. Apparently the first film was designed to be a lot bigger, with much of the bigger story left out.
“I’m currently, not writing, but we’re coming up with the story, the plot, the everything, the twist and the new characters and everything. It was always at least a diptych, two movies, to tell one long story, so yeah, I’m very much involved in it. I don’t know if it’s going to be my next movie. I know we want to do it pretty fast but I might be able to do another movie in between.”
No word yet on whether “Now You See Me” stars Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson and Isla Fisher will be back, but chances are they will be.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014