Critics didn’t think it encompassed much magic, but that didn’t stop Louis Letterier’s magician caper “Now You See Me” from becoming one of the most profitable films of the U.S Summer.
With the money it made, despite those reviews, Summit have greenlit a sequel, courting director Letterier to return in his position of director.
Speaking to Coming Soon, Letterier (who also directed “Clash of the Titans” and “The Incredible Hulk”) said he’ll be back for a sequel that will utilise every plot strain they had to drop from the original. Apparently the first film was designed to be a lot bigger, with much of the bigger story left out.
“I’m currently, not writing, but we’re coming up with the story, the plot, the everything, the twist and the new characters and everything. It was always at least a diptych, two movies, to tell one long story, so yeah, I’m very much involved in it. I don’t know if it’s going to be my next movie. I know we want to do it pretty fast but I might be able to do another movie in between.”
No word yet on whether “Now You See Me” stars Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson and Isla Fisher will be back, but chances are they will be.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015