Rachel Hurd-Wood and Alex Pettyfer have reportedly read for roles in the new “Star Wars” movie, according to Latino Review.
British actress Hurd-Wood, best known for her roles in “Peter Pan” and “Tomorrow, When The War Began”, is said to have read for the part of Princess Leia and Han Solo’s daughter in the movie. Representatives for the actress have confirmed that Wood did indeed read for the J.J Abrams directed production, which begins shooting in the UK next January. It sounds like the redhead might be in with a shot too, with the site reporting that no other actress – at this stage – has read for the part. Having said that, it’s expected Lucasfilm will read other young ladies for the role before making their final decision.
Pettyfer, recognized for his roles in “Magic Mike” and “Stormbreaker”, read for an undisclosed part – but it’s assumed it was for the role of Luke Skywalker’s son. Ryan Gosling had been offered the role, but passed.
The site is also reporting that some major casting news is about to drop for “Star Wars Episode VII” via Lucasfilm, so stay tuned.
“Star Wars Episode VII” is due for release in 2015.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015