Rachel Hurd-Wood and Alex Pettyfer have reportedly read for roles in the new “Star Wars” movie, according to Latino Review.
British actress Hurd-Wood, best known for her roles in “Peter Pan” and “Tomorrow, When The War Began”, is said to have read for the part of Princess Leia and Han Solo’s daughter in the movie. Representatives for the actress have confirmed that Wood did indeed read for the J.J Abrams directed production, which begins shooting in the UK next January. It sounds like the redhead might be in with a shot too, with the site reporting that no other actress – at this stage – has read for the part. Having said that, it’s expected Lucasfilm will read other young ladies for the role before making their final decision.
Pettyfer, recognized for his roles in “Magic Mike” and “Stormbreaker”, read for an undisclosed part – but it’s assumed it was for the role of Luke Skywalker’s son. Ryan Gosling had been offered the role, but passed.
The site is also reporting that some major casting news is about to drop for “Star Wars Episode VII” via Lucasfilm, so stay tuned.
“Star Wars Episode VII” is due for release in 2015.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015