Rachel Hurd-Wood and Alex Pettyfer have reportedly read for roles in the new “Star Wars” movie, according to Latino Review.
British actress Hurd-Wood, best known for her roles in “Peter Pan” and “Tomorrow, When The War Began”, is said to have read for the part of Princess Leia and Han Solo’s daughter in the movie. Representatives for the actress have confirmed that Wood did indeed read for the J.J Abrams directed production, which begins shooting in the UK next January. It sounds like the redhead might be in with a shot too, with the site reporting that no other actress – at this stage – has read for the part. Having said that, it’s expected Lucasfilm will read other young ladies for the role before making their final decision.
Pettyfer, recognized for his roles in “Magic Mike” and “Stormbreaker”, read for an undisclosed part – but it’s assumed it was for the role of Luke Skywalker’s son. Ryan Gosling had been offered the role, but passed.
The site is also reporting that some major casting news is about to drop for “Star Wars Episode VII” via Lucasfilm, so stay tuned.
“Star Wars Episode VII” is due for release in 2015.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014