HBO have greenlit the pilot for “Westworld”, a small-screen take on the ’70s classic starring Yul Brynner.
Jonah Nolan (“The Dark Knight”) will write and direct the pilot, with TV dependable JJ Abrams on the board of producers, says Variety.
The pilot, which Jerry Weintraub (“Behind the Candelabra”) will also be an EP on, is said to be a “a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin.”
Weintraub is the instigator of the redo, by the sounds. He has been trying to get a reboot of the science-fiction western up for years, at one stage planning a big-screen remake with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role of the robot, and Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis as the heroes.
Warner Bros and Bad Robot Productions, working together on a small-screen version of a Michael Crichton classic? Yes, I like!
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015