HBO have greenlit the pilot for “Westworld”, a small-screen take on the ’70s classic starring Yul Brynner.
Jonah Nolan (“The Dark Knight”) will write and direct the pilot, with TV dependable JJ Abrams on the board of producers, says Variety.
The pilot, which Jerry Weintraub (“Behind the Candelabra”) will also be an EP on, is said to be a “a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin.”
Weintraub is the instigator of the redo, by the sounds. He has been trying to get a reboot of the science-fiction western up for years, at one stage planning a big-screen remake with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role of the robot, and Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis as the heroes.
Warner Bros and Bad Robot Productions, working together on a small-screen version of a Michael Crichton classic? Yes, I like!
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015