HBO have greenlit the pilot for “Westworld”, a small-screen take on the ’70s classic starring Yul Brynner.
Jonah Nolan (“The Dark Knight”) will write and direct the pilot, with TV dependable JJ Abrams on the board of producers, says Variety.
The pilot, which Jerry Weintraub (“Behind the Candelabra”) will also be an EP on, is said to be a “a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin.”
Weintraub is the instigator of the redo, by the sounds. He has been trying to get a reboot of the science-fiction western up for years, at one stage planning a big-screen remake with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role of the robot, and Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis as the heroes.
Warner Bros and Bad Robot Productions, working together on a small-screen version of a Michael Crichton classic? Yes, I like!
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014