Christina Hendricks, previously cast as a stripper in the film adaptation of the best-seller “Dark Places”, has been promoted to the role of the lead character’s mother in the movie.
Deadline says the “Mad Men” star was originally “set to play stripper Krissi Cates in the Gilles Paquet-Brenner directed movie” but has now been asked to play “Patty Day, the murdered mother of [Charlize] Theron’s Libby Davis character. ”
Samantha Morton had originally been onboard to play that role, but fell out.
The movie follows “Libby learning that the supposed massacre of her family by brother Ben, which she testified in court decades beforehand, might not be what was assumed. Hendrick’s Patty will be seen in a series of flashbacks throughout the movie as the truth of really happened and what Libby really saw becomes clearer.”
Chloe Moretz, Nicholas Hoult and Corey Stroll also star.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014