Christina Hendricks, previously cast as a stripper in the film adaptation of the best-seller “Dark Places”, has been promoted to the role of the lead character’s mother in the movie.
Deadline says the “Mad Men” star was originally “set to play stripper Krissi Cates in the Gilles Paquet-Brenner directed movie” but has now been asked to play “Patty Day, the murdered mother of [Charlize] Theron’s Libby Davis character. ”
Samantha Morton had originally been onboard to play that role, but fell out.
The movie follows “Libby learning that the supposed massacre of her family by brother Ben, which she testified in court decades beforehand, might not be what was assumed. Hendrick’s Patty will be seen in a series of flashbacks throughout the movie as the truth of really happened and what Libby really saw becomes clearer.”
Chloe Moretz, Nicholas Hoult and Corey Stroll also star.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015