Christina Hendricks, previously cast as a stripper in the film adaptation of the best-seller “Dark Places”, has been promoted to the role of the lead character’s mother in the movie.
Deadline says the “Mad Men” star was originally “set to play stripper Krissi Cates in the Gilles Paquet-Brenner directed movie” but has now been asked to play “Patty Day, the murdered mother of [Charlize] Theron’s Libby Davis character. ”
Samantha Morton had originally been onboard to play that role, but fell out.
The movie follows “Libby learning that the supposed massacre of her family by brother Ben, which she testified in court decades beforehand, might not be what was assumed. Hendrick’s Patty will be seen in a series of flashbacks throughout the movie as the truth of really happened and what Libby really saw becomes clearer.”
Chloe Moretz, Nicholas Hoult and Corey Stroll also star.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015