The long-in-the-works “Fall Guy” movie – a film based on the ’80s TV series starring Lee Majors, which at one stage was being eyed as a vehicle for Nicolas Cage (and another time, George Clooney) – seems to be back on track.
Heat Vision says Dwayne Johnson is attached to play the Major’s role, that of a Hollywood stuntman doubling as a bounty hunter, with “Charlies Angels” helmer McG set to direct.
No word on who might play the sidekick and love interest roles – played in the original series by Douglas Barr and Heather Thomas – but should Johnson’s deal close soon, I suspect that’ll be the next step in the casting process.
With Johnson attached, and co-financers Hyde Park now reassured of something sizable a return, the project will probably come together pretty quickly.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014