The long-in-the-works “Fall Guy” movie – a film based on the ’80s TV series starring Lee Majors, which at one stage was being eyed as a vehicle for Nicolas Cage (and another time, George Clooney) – seems to be back on track.
Heat Vision says Dwayne Johnson is attached to play the Major’s role, that of a Hollywood stuntman doubling as a bounty hunter, with “Charlies Angels” helmer McG set to direct.
No word on who might play the sidekick and love interest roles – played in the original series by Douglas Barr and Heather Thomas – but should Johnson’s deal close soon, I suspect that’ll be the next step in the casting process.
With Johnson attached, and co-financers Hyde Park now reassured of something sizable a return, the project will probably come together pretty quickly.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015