Last we heard Will Smith was off the “Independence Day” sequel – due in 2015 – mostly because he wanted too much to reprise his role from the 1996 blockbuster and, by sounds of it, wasn’t that interested in doing it. Filmmakers Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin seemed OK with that too, saying Smith’s presence in the film would probably only cause the ensemble blockbuster to be seen as a ‘Will Smith’ movie anyway.
How things can quickly change. Emmerich, speaking to ” target=”_blank”>Digital Spy about “ID4 2″, says Will Smith might be returning now.
In the following interview, Emmerich – whose last film was the Channing Tatum/Jamie Foxx two-hander “White House Down” – says he and Smith now have a meeting planned to see if they can’t make his return happen.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015