Last we heard Will Smith was off the “Independence Day” sequel – due in 2015 – mostly because he wanted too much to reprise his role from the 1996 blockbuster and, by sounds of it, wasn’t that interested in doing it. Filmmakers Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin seemed OK with that too, saying Smith’s presence in the film would probably only cause the ensemble blockbuster to be seen as a ‘Will Smith’ movie anyway.
How things can quickly change. Emmerich, speaking to ” target=”_blank”>Digital Spy about “ID4 2″, says Will Smith might be returning now.
In the following interview, Emmerich – whose last film was the Channing Tatum/Jamie Foxx two-hander “White House Down” – says he and Smith now have a meeting planned to see if they can’t make his return happen.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015