Last we heard Will Smith was off the “Independence Day” sequel – due in 2015 – mostly because he wanted too much to reprise his role from the 1996 blockbuster and, by sounds of it, wasn’t that interested in doing it. Filmmakers Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin seemed OK with that too, saying Smith’s presence in the film would probably only cause the ensemble blockbuster to be seen as a ‘Will Smith’ movie anyway.
How things can quickly change. Emmerich, speaking to ” target=”_blank”>Digital Spy about “ID4 2″, says Will Smith might be returning now.
In the following interview, Emmerich – whose last film was the Channing Tatum/Jamie Foxx two-hander “White House Down” – says he and Smith now have a meeting planned to see if they can’t make his return happen.
- Mike Colter confirmed as Luke Cage - December 23, 2014
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014