Justin Lin must’ve missed the Judgement Day deadline, because “Thor : The Dark World” director Alan Taylor looks to be Terminator’s Salvation.
According to Variety, the rising Kodak-user is the favourite to direct Paramount’s fifth “Terminator” movie. This new instalment, said to be the first of a new stand-alone trilogy (Arnold Schwarzenegger is back), is written by Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier.
“Fast & Furious” director Lin was attached to direct the “Terminator” flick a couple of years ago, and remained attached for quite a while actually, before succumbing to fatigue as a result of Vin Desel and muscle cars.
The trade says Taylor, whose “Thor” sequel looks to cement his career in Hollywood when it opens in November, was on a studio wishlist of directors that also included Rian Johnson (“Looper”), Denis Villeneuve (“Prisoners”) and Ang Lee (“Hulk”).
Schwarzenegger said in recent months that he expects the new “Terminator” revival to get underway early in the new year; Taylor’s anointment as director would suggest that lensing ETA is on the money.
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.