This is news cool enough to melt the felt off a Muppet.
Charles Grodin, a guy who barely gets out of bed for less than 50k-an-hour and a bag of ham, is returning to the box – and for Michael J.Fox’s new show, no less.
The Midnight Running Muppet Capering Grodin is partnering with ‘Murphy Brown’ alum Candice Bergen to play Fox’s on-screen parents on NBC’s “The Michael J.Fox Show”, according to Deadline.
Now one almost expected Fox to cast his “Family Ties” parents, or some “Spin City” alumni, in the matriarch/patriarch parts – since he does love recycling – but this might even work better. Gives the sitcom a douse of fresh Pty Ltd.
Grodin doesn’t do a lot of acting these days – popped up in that shitty Jason Bateman movie “Extract” a couple of years ago, though – and is renowned to turn down anything that’s a bit of a hassle (he passed on reprising his “Great Muppet Caper” role for “The Muppets” back in 2011), but seems to be coming around to doing more things though. Good to see.
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.