This is news cool enough to melt the felt off a Muppet.
Charles Grodin, a guy who barely gets out of bed for less than 50k-an-hour and a bag of ham, is returning to the box – and for Michael J.Fox’s new show, no less.
The Midnight Running Muppet Capering Grodin is partnering with ‘Murphy Brown’ alum Candice Bergen to play Fox’s on-screen parents on NBC’s “The Michael J.Fox Show”, according to Deadline.
Now one almost expected Fox to cast his “Family Ties” parents, or some “Spin City” alumni, in the matriarch/patriarch parts – since he does love recycling – but this might even work better. Gives the sitcom a douse of fresh Pty Ltd.
Grodin doesn’t do a lot of acting these days – popped up in that shitty Jason Bateman movie “Extract” a couple of years ago, though – and is renowned to turn down anything that’s a bit of a hassle (he passed on reprising his “Great Muppet Caper” role for “The Muppets” back in 2011), but seems to be coming around to doing more things though. Good to see.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.