Movie News

Brad Pitt talks World War Z sequel and 12 Years A Slave

Brad Pitt talks World War Z sequel and 12 Years A Slave

Aside from occupying your mother’s nightly fantasies, Brad Pitt has been making the rounds discussing his upcoming projects. Mr. Jolie’s next film, “12 Years A Slave” is garnering early Oscar Buzz. Directed by Steve McQueen (“Shame”), and starring Pitt, Michael Fassbender and Chiwetel Ejiofor, the film is a 19th century drama which tells the true story of Solomon Northrop, a free black man who was kidnapped and sold into slavery in the 1840s.

In an interview with Variety, Pitt had this to say on the film that received two standing ovations at the Toronto Film Festival: “It’s pretty special. It’s one of those rare moments where story, performance and storytelling come together at the level. We’re very proud of it.”

Pitt’s production company, Plan B, is producing the film- which is based on a novel by John Ridley.

While making the rounds discussing “12 Years,” Jon Voight’s son-in-law was asked about his little zombie movie that over-performed at the box office earlier this summer. When a sequel was brought up Pitt told Variety, ““We’re certainly talking about it, yesWe have so many ideas on the table from the time we spent developing this thing and figuring out how the zombie worlds work.”

You may recall that “World War Z” was surrounded by negative buzz because of the film’s troubled production- which included delays, budget blowouts, and a massive rewrite of the film’s final act. Most expected the movie to bomb. Instead, it grossed a stunning $533 million worldwide and got the folks at Paramount wondering if the proposed trilogy could become a reality. Smartly, the studio is following Pitt’s lead on this one since he carried the first film on his back.

“We have so many ideas and so much information–we think we have a lot of stuff to mine from,” Pitt said. The film’s star and producer also wisely added, “We gotta get the script right first to determine if we go further.”

Share this story!Share on FacebookShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someoneShare on Google+Pin on PinterestDigg thisBuffer this pagePrint this pageShare on LinkedIn
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Movie News

More in Movie News

now-you-see-me2-exclusive

Now You See Me 3 is in the works at Lionsgate

Ashleigh DaviesMay 23, 2015
Tate-Taylor

Tate Taylor to direct The Girl on the Train

Ashleigh DaviesMay 23, 2015
A-Very-Murray-Christmas

Teaser: A Very Murray Christmas

Ashleigh DaviesMay 23, 2015
WHAS-3940.CR2

First Wet Hot American Summer images

Ashleigh DaviesMay 23, 2015
ArmsDudes

First look at Miles Teller & Jonah Hill in Arms and the Dudes

Ashleigh DaviesMay 23, 2015
NEW YORK, NY - MARCH 24:  Actors Ashley Olsen (L) and Mary Kate Olsen attend the Metropolitan Opera's gala premiere of Rossini's "Le Comte Ory"  at The Metropolitan Opera House on March 24, 2011 in New York City.  (Photo by Mike Coppola/Getty Images)

The Olsen twins will not return for Fuller House

Ashleigh DaviesMay 23, 2015
schumer

Amy Schumer & Paul Feig team up for female comedy

Ashleigh DaviesMay 23, 2015
johnny-depp_0

Trailer: Black Mass

Ashleigh DaviesMay 23, 2015
heroes

Greg Grunberg returns for Heroes Reborn

Ashleigh DaviesMay 22, 2015