Just around a month ago, when “Red 2″ bombed at the box office, reports surfaced that Bruce Willis was getting bored with action films. Critics and audiences alike had grown tired of watching Willis nap his way through “Die Hard With A Wheelchair,” “The Expendables 1/2,” “Cold Light of Day,” “Red,” “Looper,” and “G.I. Joe 2.” Even his fellow action icon, Sylvester Stallone, took to Twitter to call him lazy and greedy. So some of you may have been wondering, “Is Bruce ready to walk away from action flicks and go become Wes Anderson’s new muse alongside Bill Murray?”
Well, you can hang onto those John McClane dolls (sorry- “action figures”), cause Bruno has just signed up for “The Prince.” Variety is reporting that Willis will star in the film, about a retired mob enforcer from Vegas that is forced to return to that city, and to the seedy underworld he had left behind, when- you guessed it- his daughter is kidnapped.
What are the chances Willis looked in the mirror and had a “Godfather III” moment in his bathroom when this script arrived? “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in?!”
- Brad Dourif, Alex Vincent, Don Mancini – Curse of Chucky - October 13, 2013
- John Leguizamo is the King of Cocaine - September 10, 2013
- Bruce Willis clearly not done with action movies; signs for The Prince - September 10, 2013
- Brad Pitt talks World War Z sequel and 12 Years A Slave - September 10, 2013
- Charlie Hunnam talks about getting down and dirty for 50 Shades of Grey - September 10, 2013