A prequel to smash-hit series “Breaking Bad” is set to our television screens sooner rather than later.
Just over a week ago “Breaking Bad” star Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman) discussed the possibility of a prequel series to be titled “Better Call Saul”, though this rumour was at the time unfounded.
Word on the street now is that AMC and Sony Picture Television have agreed to produce the series, which was developed by showrunner Vince Gilligan and character co-creater Peter Gould.
“Better Call Saul” will tell the tales of slimy solicitor Saul Goodman before he ever got involved with the so-bad-but-good Walter White (Bryan Cranston) and his sidekick Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul).
Initial plans are to create an hour-long prequel pilot with the expectation of a series order to follow.
With the final few episodes of “Breaking Bad” to hit our screens in the coming weeks, the fact that this is listed as a prequel series opens up the can of worms – what is going to happen to Saul by the time “Breaking Bad” wraps?
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013