The television adaptation of Diana Gabaldon’s best-selling novels “Outlander” has found its female lead, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Caitriona Balfe has been announced to star as Claire Randall, a woman who finds herself in love with two men who exist in two different time periods.
The drama is told from Claire’s perspective – a married combat nurse living in war-stricken 1945 – who finds herself swept into past and finds herself in 1743, where she knows nothing and nobody and learns that her life is at stake. She strikes up a love affair with James Fraser (Sam Heughan) and finds herself torn between two irreconcilable worlds and the love of two different men.
Described as quick-witted and stubborn, Claire has been a fan favourite since the books debuted in 1991.
Series author Gabaldon said:
“Hard to believe lightning can strike twice, but it surely did. The moment Caitriona Balfe came on screen, I sat up straight and said, “There she is!”. She and Sam Heughan absolutely lit up the screen with fireworks.”
Balfe joins a cast that includes Tobias Menzies, Duncan Lacroix, Graham McTavish, Gary Lewis, Annette Badland and Stephen Walters.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013