Australia’s Nicky Whelan (“Hall Pass”) is among the new recruits onboard Miramax/Screen Gems comedy “The Wedding Ringer”.
Starring Kevin Hart, Josh Gad and Kaley Cuoco, the Jeremy Garelick-directed comedy is currently in production in Los Angeles.
In addition to Whelan, the ensemble also includes Affion Crockett (“A Haunted House”), Jorge Garcia (“Lost”), Dan Gill (“The Great Gatsby”), Corey Holcomb (“Who’s Watching the Kids”), Ken Howard (“Michael Clayton”), Colin Kane (“Lift”), Cloris Leachman (“Raising Hope”), Jenifer Lewis (“Think Like a Man”), Alan Ritchson (“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”), Mimi Rogers (“Two and a Half Men”), Ignacio Serricchio (“The Young and the Restless”), Aaron Takahashi (“Yes Man”), and Olivia Thirlby (“Juno”).
In “The Wedding Ringer,” Jimmy (Hart) provides best man services for socially challenged guys, who – for whatever reason – have no one close enough to agree to stand by them on the day of their wedding. Doug (Gad) a groom-to-be, has found himself in just such a situation, but, to make matters worse, he fabricates the names of not only a best man but nine groomsmen as well. When all else fails, Doug seeks out Jimmy’s services to carry out a charade designed to make Doug look his best, but threatens to destroy everything if it fails.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015