Australia’s Nicky Whelan (“Hall Pass”) is among the new recruits onboard Miramax/Screen Gems comedy “The Wedding Ringer”.
Starring Kevin Hart, Josh Gad and Kaley Cuoco, the Jeremy Garelick-directed comedy is currently in production in Los Angeles.
In addition to Whelan, the ensemble also includes Affion Crockett (“A Haunted House”), Jorge Garcia (“Lost”), Dan Gill (“The Great Gatsby”), Corey Holcomb (“Who’s Watching the Kids”), Ken Howard (“Michael Clayton”), Colin Kane (“Lift”), Cloris Leachman (“Raising Hope”), Jenifer Lewis (“Think Like a Man”), Alan Ritchson (“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”), Mimi Rogers (“Two and a Half Men”), Ignacio Serricchio (“The Young and the Restless”), Aaron Takahashi (“Yes Man”), and Olivia Thirlby (“Juno”).
In “The Wedding Ringer,” Jimmy (Hart) provides best man services for socially challenged guys, who – for whatever reason – have no one close enough to agree to stand by them on the day of their wedding. Doug (Gad) a groom-to-be, has found himself in just such a situation, but, to make matters worse, he fabricates the names of not only a best man but nine groomsmen as well. When all else fails, Doug seeks out Jimmy’s services to carry out a charade designed to make Doug look his best, but threatens to destroy everything if it fails.
- Mike Colter confirmed as Luke Cage - December 23, 2014
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014