“Mama” director Andres Muschietti is in early talks to direct Universal’s reboot of “The Mummy”, according to Deadline.
Muschiette would replace Len Wiseman, who skipped out on the project a few years back.
Talks have apparently been going on for quite some time, and obviously they’ve progressed if Deadline are reporting it, and while it’s surprising the studio isn’t going for someone with a little bit more of a proven track record, bear in mind Muschiette’s “Mama” movie, bearing a producer credit from Guillermo del Toro, pocketed something like $147.7 million worldwide for Universal.
A Muschietti-helmed “Mummy” movie might actually be a win for fans; if “Mama” proved anything it’s that the man has a knack for crafting really decent horror flicks that encompass original, creatively-structured scares while juggling engaging, thrilling storylines. Obviously the “Mummy” reboot will be a tad more adventure-centric, as opposed to dishing out scares, but the filmmaker would still seem a wise choice.
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.