Ben Affleck is headed to TV.
No, no… he’s not fronting a new TVLand comedy about a Boston baseball player that opens up an upmarket cafeteria in British Columbia (though there’s an idea). Affleck is doing what he does best – directing; he’s signed to direct the pilot for a crime drama series “The Middle Man”, for TV vet Glenn Gordon Caron. Both will also executive produce the FOX series.
Something Affleck has been circling since 2009, “The Middle Man” takes place in his native Boston.
Deadline says : “Described as a classic Boston crime story, it is set in the 1960s and tells the story of Rudy MacAteer, an FBI agent charged with taking down the Italian mafia, and his confidential informant, Irish-American gangster Mickey Flood. MacAteer’s efforts inadvertently give rise to the Irish mob, as he finds himself bending the laws he is governed by.”
Big-screen wise, Affleck next appears in the thriller “Runner, Runner” with Justin Timberlake, and is currently putting on muscle to play Batman in Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel” follow-up.
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014