Ben Affleck is headed to TV.
No, no… he’s not fronting a new TVLand comedy about a Boston baseball player that opens up an upmarket cafeteria in British Columbia (though there’s an idea). Affleck is doing what he does best – directing; he’s signed to direct the pilot for a crime drama series “The Middle Man”, for TV vet Glenn Gordon Caron. Both will also executive produce the FOX series.
Something Affleck has been circling since 2009, “The Middle Man” takes place in his native Boston.
Deadline says : “Described as a classic Boston crime story, it is set in the 1960s and tells the story of Rudy MacAteer, an FBI agent charged with taking down the Italian mafia, and his confidential informant, Irish-American gangster Mickey Flood. MacAteer’s efforts inadvertently give rise to the Irish mob, as he finds himself bending the laws he is governed by.”
Big-screen wise, Affleck next appears in the thriller “Runner, Runner” with Justin Timberlake, and is currently putting on muscle to play Batman in Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel” follow-up.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015