The last time TV tried horror it resulted in “Shit My Dad Says”, but when a series comes brandishing a brand name like ‘Friday the 13th’ there’s not a chance in hell it can fail.
Right? Right?…. ‘Freddy’s Nightmares’?
Speaking to FearNet.com, “Friday the 13th” brainchild Sean S.Cunningham says there’s not only another “Friday the 13th” movie in the works (another bloody ‘origins’ story by the sounds! Haven’t we swam that river, enough!?) but a TV series could be on the way.
Think “Dawson’s Creek” with arrows piercing throats.
“I think there will also be Friday the 13th: Crystal Lake Chronicles, which is sort of a Smallville. We’ve been on-again off-again with that for years and there are a bunch of great stories to be told, but I think the way that it’s finally going to get delivered is not through a conventional television network, but through the Internet. I can’t tell you who the delivery people will be, but it won’t be the traditional route.”
So, that sounds like Netflix, right?
Can’t be any worse than the last few “Friday the 13th” movies, can it? I’ll give it a go.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015