The last time TV tried horror it resulted in “Shit My Dad Says”, but when a series comes brandishing a brand name like ‘Friday the 13th’ there’s not a chance in hell it can fail.
Right? Right?…. ‘Freddy’s Nightmares’?
Speaking to FearNet.com, “Friday the 13th” brainchild Sean S.Cunningham says there’s not only another “Friday the 13th” movie in the works (another bloody ‘origins’ story by the sounds! Haven’t we swam that river, enough!?) but a TV series could be on the way.
Think “Dawson’s Creek” with arrows piercing throats.
“I think there will also be Friday the 13th: Crystal Lake Chronicles, which is sort of a Smallville. We’ve been on-again off-again with that for years and there are a bunch of great stories to be told, but I think the way that it’s finally going to get delivered is not through a conventional television network, but through the Internet. I can’t tell you who the delivery people will be, but it won’t be the traditional route.”
So, that sounds like Netflix, right?
Can’t be any worse than the last few “Friday the 13th” movies, can it? I’ll give it a go.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014