The last time TV tried horror it resulted in “Shit My Dad Says”, but when a series comes brandishing a brand name like ‘Friday the 13th’ there’s not a chance in hell it can fail.
Right? Right?…. ‘Freddy’s Nightmares’?
Speaking to FearNet.com, “Friday the 13th” brainchild Sean S.Cunningham says there’s not only another “Friday the 13th” movie in the works (another bloody ‘origins’ story by the sounds! Haven’t we swam that river, enough!?) but a TV series could be on the way.
Think “Dawson’s Creek” with arrows piercing throats.
“I think there will also be Friday the 13th: Crystal Lake Chronicles, which is sort of a Smallville. We’ve been on-again off-again with that for years and there are a bunch of great stories to be told, but I think the way that it’s finally going to get delivered is not through a conventional television network, but through the Internet. I can’t tell you who the delivery people will be, but it won’t be the traditional route.”
So, that sounds like Netflix, right?
Can’t be any worse than the last few “Friday the 13th” movies, can it? I’ll give it a go.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015