1. Some new TV spots for “Escape Plan”, starring Sly and Ah-Nuld, are online :
2. Here’s something interesting for fans of the v-v-v-v-v-r-o-m! (or in my case ‘chug. pffft. weeeze’.)
Evolution of Formula One infographic from Carcraft.
3. Fox Searchlight Pictures announced that Thomas Vinterberg’s “Far from the Madding Crowd” has begun principal photography in the UK today, September 16th. The film stars Carey Mulligan, Matthias Schoenaerts, Michael Sheen,Tom Sturridge and Juno Temple. The script was written by David Nicholls, author and screenwriter of “One Day” and “Starter for Ten.” Allon Reich and Andrew Macdonald of DNA Films are producing with Christine Langan of BBC Films executive producing. The film will shoot on location in Dorset, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and London. “I am excited to be working with DNA, Fox Searchlight and this talented cast and crew on “Far from the Madding Crowd”. It is a great privilege to bring such a wonderful piece of very English literature to the screen,” says Vinterberg. “Far from the Madding Crowd is one of the most enduring and captivating stories in English literature. David Nicholls’ script beautifully captures the heart of Hardy’s original and we are thrilled to be bringing it to the big screen with Thomas Vinterberg. It is very exciting to be working with Carey Mulligan again, as well as an exceptional cast and crew all round,” said Macdonald and Reich.
4. To celebrate the 16th season of South Park, available on DVD September 18, Stan, Cartman, Kyle and Kenny will be out and about in Sydney on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 between 12pm and 2pm. In an exclusive day out, the boys will be wandering Pitt Street mall in Sydney. Fans of the show are encouraged to head down and take photos of the outrageous characters and tweet using the hash tag #SouthParkSydney.
5. Country singing superstar and “Blind Side” second-fiddle Tim McGraw has joined the cast of Brad Bird’s “Tomorrowland”.
6. The trailer for “A Perfect Man”, starring Liev Schreiber and Jeanne Tripplehorn, is online.
7. Damon Lindelof’s small-screen adaptation of the literary effort “The Leftovers” has snagged a 10-episode order at HBO.
8. Principal photography has began on “The Imitation Game”, starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing. The pioneer of modern-day computing, Turing is credited with cracking the German Enigma code and the film is a nail-biting race against time by Turing and his brilliant team at Britain’s top-secret code-breaking centre, Bletchley Park, during the darkest days of World War II. Turing, whose contributions and genius significantly shortened the war, saving thousands of lives, was the eventual victim of an unenlightened British Establishment, but his work and legacy live on. Cumberbatch (“The Fifth Estate“, “Star Trek Into Darkness“, and TV’s “Sherlock“) and Keira Knightley (BAFTA nominee for “Atonement”, Oscar® nominee for “Pride and Prejudice“) will star as Alan Turing and his close friend and fellow code-breaker Joan Clarke, alongside a top-notch cast, including Matthew Goode (“Stoker”, “A Single Man“), Mark Strong (“Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy“), Rory Kinnear (“Skyfall”), Charles Dance (“Gosford Park“, TV’s “Game of Thrones“), Allen Leech (“In Fear”, TV’s “Downton Abbey“) and Matthew Beard (“An Education“).
9. The first trailer for “Grace of Monaco” starring Nicole Kidman is online :
10. Leonardo DiCaprio will star in a biopic about Woodrow Wilson. The movie, which DiCaprio’s Appian Way will produce alongside Warner Bros, is based on A. Scott Berg’s “Wilson” biography.
- Peter Dinklage vs. girly Ghostbusters? - December 17, 2014
- Cinemas dropping The Interview after threats - December 17, 2014
- The Water Diviner - December 17, 2014
- Hear Robin Williams’ final role - December 16, 2014
- Tom Hanks forms a Circle - December 16, 2014
- Trailer : Knight of Cups - December 16, 2014
- Beetlejuice 2 is closer than ever! - December 16, 2014
- Four directors in the mix for Star Trek 3 - December 16, 2014
- Pirates on the hunt for hottie - December 16, 2014
- Tatum, Pratt as Ghostbusters!? - December 16, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.