Leighton Meester (“Gossip Girl”) will star in “Like Sunday, Like Rain” for actor cum filmmaker Frank Whaley.
The “Ray Donovan” star wrote the script, which tells of “a struggling musician (Meester) who becomes the guardian of a 12-year-old music prodigy one summer”, according to Deadline.
Billie Joe Armstrong (of ‘Green Day’) plays Meester’s boyfriend in the film. Former “Smash” star Debra Messing is the mother of the boy, who is played by Julian Shatkin. “Margaret” actor J.Smith Cameron also in the cast.
Meester, who sang in “Country Strong”, would also sing again here.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014