Leighton Meester (“Gossip Girl”) will star in “Like Sunday, Like Rain” for actor cum filmmaker Frank Whaley.
The “Ray Donovan” star wrote the script, which tells of “a struggling musician (Meester) who becomes the guardian of a 12-year-old music prodigy one summer”, according to Deadline.
Billie Joe Armstrong (of ‘Green Day’) plays Meester’s boyfriend in the film. Former “Smash” star Debra Messing is the mother of the boy, who is played by Julian Shatkin. “Margaret” actor J.Smith Cameron also in the cast.
Meester, who sang in “Country Strong”, would also sing again here.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015