Leighton Meester (“Gossip Girl”) will star in “Like Sunday, Like Rain” for actor cum filmmaker Frank Whaley.
The “Ray Donovan” star wrote the script, which tells of “a struggling musician (Meester) who becomes the guardian of a 12-year-old music prodigy one summer”, according to Deadline.
Billie Joe Armstrong (of ‘Green Day’) plays Meester’s boyfriend in the film. Former “Smash” star Debra Messing is the mother of the boy, who is played by Julian Shatkin. “Margaret” actor J.Smith Cameron also in the cast.
Meester, who sang in “Country Strong”, would also sing again here.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015