“TRON Legacy” and “On the Road” star Garrett Hedlund is joining the cast of Angelina Jolie’s second stint behind the camera “Unbroken”.
The Coen’s wrote the latest draft of the script, based on the Laura Hillenbrand book “Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption”.
Variety says :
[It] follows the true story of Lou Zamperini who was a Los Angeles high school track star who raced in the 1936 Berlin Olympics. In 1943, his Air Force plane crashed in the Pacific. He survived without food and water for 47 days, enduring shark attacks, aerial attacks and hunger before washing ashore on a Japanese island behind enemy lines, where he was held as a prisoner of war for two years and tortured by his captors.
Hedlund, who was at one stage pegged for the lead, will play a supporting role – that of the leader of the prisoners at the camp where Zamperini is being held.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015