“TRON Legacy” and “On the Road” star Garrett Hedlund is joining the cast of Angelina Jolie’s second stint behind the camera “Unbroken”.
The Coen’s wrote the latest draft of the script, based on the Laura Hillenbrand book “Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption”.
Variety says :
[It] follows the true story of Lou Zamperini who was a Los Angeles high school track star who raced in the 1936 Berlin Olympics. In 1943, his Air Force plane crashed in the Pacific. He survived without food and water for 47 days, enduring shark attacks, aerial attacks and hunger before washing ashore on a Japanese island behind enemy lines, where he was held as a prisoner of war for two years and tortured by his captors.
Hedlund, who was at one stage pegged for the lead, will play a supporting role – that of the leader of the prisoners at the camp where Zamperini is being held.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015