Matt Bomer (TV’s “White Collar”) will play Hollywood star Montgomery Clift in a new biopic from director Larry Moss, according to Deadline.
Bomer, who was the fan-fave to play Christian Grey in the “50 Shades of Grey” film (which Charlie Hunnam snagged), will play an actor who once rivaled Brando as Tinseltown’s biggest star. The actor, whose many credits included “A Place in the Sun” and “From Here to Eternity”, saw his career stunted when his good looks were destroyed in a car accident. The actor, though continuing to work until his death, never saw his career recover thanks to the facial scars and broken nose.
Written by Christopher Lovick, the biopic is aiming for a 2014 start.
Bomer, who appeared in “Magic Mike”, next appears in HBO Films’ “The Normal Heart” alongside Julia Roberts.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015