Matt Bomer (TV’s “White Collar”) will play Hollywood star Montgomery Clift in a new biopic from director Larry Moss, according to Deadline.
Bomer, who was the fan-fave to play Christian Grey in the “50 Shades of Grey” film (which Charlie Hunnam snagged), will play an actor who once rivaled Brando as Tinseltown’s biggest star. The actor, whose many credits included “A Place in the Sun” and “From Here to Eternity”, saw his career stunted when his good looks were destroyed in a car accident. The actor, though continuing to work until his death, never saw his career recover thanks to the facial scars and broken nose.
Written by Christopher Lovick, the biopic is aiming for a 2014 start.
Bomer, who appeared in “Magic Mike”, next appears in HBO Films’ “The Normal Heart” alongside Julia Roberts.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014