Hot off his directorial debut ” St. Vincent De Van Nuys”, Ted Melfi is set for a remake of ’70s heist caper “Going in Style”.
Melfi, whose most recent film features the likes of Bill Murray and Naomi Watts (and sounds a treat), also write the script. Those Lord of the Rings, New Line are producing.
Deadline says :
The original film was directed by Martin Brest and it starred George Burns, Art Carney and Lee Strasberg as three retirees who decide to rob a bank. That basic premise is being used in the sequel, but the back stories of the characters are different. A lot of golden age stars are circling this one, and a strong cast should be set soon.
Sounds like the perfect vehicle for Murray, should he fancy another go-around with Mr Melfi?
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015