Hot off his directorial debut ” St. Vincent De Van Nuys”, Ted Melfi is set for a remake of ’70s heist caper “Going in Style”.
Melfi, whose most recent film features the likes of Bill Murray and Naomi Watts (and sounds a treat), also write the script. Those Lord of the Rings, New Line are producing.
Deadline says :
The original film was directed by Martin Brest and it starred George Burns, Art Carney and Lee Strasberg as three retirees who decide to rob a bank. That basic premise is being used in the sequel, but the back stories of the characters are different. A lot of golden age stars are circling this one, and a strong cast should be set soon.
Sounds like the perfect vehicle for Murray, should he fancy another go-around with Mr Melfi?
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014