Hot off his directorial debut ” St. Vincent De Van Nuys”, Ted Melfi is set for a remake of ’70s heist caper “Going in Style”.
Melfi, whose most recent film features the likes of Bill Murray and Naomi Watts (and sounds a treat), also write the script. Those Lord of the Rings, New Line are producing.
Deadline says :
The original film was directed by Martin Brest and it starred George Burns, Art Carney and Lee Strasberg as three retirees who decide to rob a bank. That basic premise is being used in the sequel, but the back stories of the characters are different. A lot of golden age stars are circling this one, and a strong cast should be set soon.
Sounds like the perfect vehicle for Murray, should he fancy another go-around with Mr Melfi?
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015