Another win for “Buffy, the Vampire Slayer” alum Danny Strong!
The actor cum screenwriter, whose really taken off in recent years thanks to his bravura writing work on HBO telefilms like “Recount”, and more recently “Lee Daniel’s The Butler”, will follow-up his (presumably well-paid) gig on Lionsgate’s final two “Hunger Games” movie with a new drama series for Fox. The drama, centered around the world of Hip Hop, will reunite Strong with “Butler” director Daniels; Brian Grazer is onboard in a producing capacity.
Deadline says the untitled project is described as ”a unique family drama set in the world of a hip hop empire.”
Written by Strong, and directed by Daniels, the untitled drama reportedly sparked a bidding war between the major networks before Fox made an offer the trio involved couldn’t refuse. Cue Godfather score.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015