Adam Sandler is in negotiations to headline “The Cobbler” for “Visitor” helmer Tom McCarthy.
Sandler, also said to be circling Jason Reitman’s next picture (“Men, Women & Children”), is seemingly on a mission to slightly distance himself from the harebrained comedies he’s known for and do something a bit more full-square meal.
The Hollywood Reporter says “The Cobbler” would feature the “Grown Ups 2″ actor as ”a shoe man who has the ability to metaphysically step into the lives of the people whose shoes he repairs.”
While it sounds like something Sandler might make with his usual go-to guy Dennis Dugan, or another high-concept comedy that might play in the school holidays, the fact it’s McCarthy at the helm suggests a more level-headed, solid venture.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014