Adam Sandler is in negotiations to headline “The Cobbler” for “Visitor” helmer Tom McCarthy.
Sandler, also said to be circling Jason Reitman’s next picture (“Men, Women & Children”), is seemingly on a mission to slightly distance himself from the harebrained comedies he’s known for and do something a bit more full-square meal.
The Hollywood Reporter says “The Cobbler” would feature the “Grown Ups 2″ actor as ”a shoe man who has the ability to metaphysically step into the lives of the people whose shoes he repairs.”
While it sounds like something Sandler might make with his usual go-to guy Dennis Dugan, or another high-concept comedy that might play in the school holidays, the fact it’s McCarthy at the helm suggests a more level-headed, solid venture.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015