Colin Farrell is negotiating, and Paula Patton is a near lock, to join the cast of Legendary’s “Warcraft” movie.
The movie adaptation of the Blizzard video game, to be directed by Duncan Jones (“Moon”), is set to go into production in January.
Deadline, who stresses the studio are also looking at testing other actors for these roles before committing to a decision, says :
The role-playing game takes place in a medieval-like setting where players control avatars that take on gryphons, dragons, zombies, werewolves and elves. Time travel and alien worlds also are part of the mix. The project is one of Legendary’s biggest and was supposed to be made at Warner Bros. Since Thomas Tull’s financing/production company moved over to Universal Pictures, I expect the film to be located there as well.
Farrell next appears in Disney’s “Saving Mr. Banks”, while Patton appeared in the recent Mark Wahlberg-Denzel Washington actioner “2 Guns”.
- The King of Queens returning to TV - April 2, 2015
- Lanter fighting sharks with Nicolas Cage - April 2, 2015
- Trailer : Straight Outta Compton - April 2, 2015
- Eastwood may direct DiCaprio’s next - April 2, 2015
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D caught up in Hoax - April 2, 2015
- Berg gets a crack at G.I Joe - April 2, 2015
- Pileggi, Davis, Patrick, Gish return for X-Files - April 2, 2015
- Delpy, Cardellini enter the Marvel universe - April 2, 2015
- Deadpool to have sex with French Unicorns!? - April 2, 2015
- Lionsgate swings open for Pacino, Hopkins, Duhamel thriller - April 2, 2015