Colin Farrell is negotiating, and Paula Patton is a near lock, to join the cast of Legendary’s “Warcraft” movie.
The movie adaptation of the Blizzard video game, to be directed by Duncan Jones (“Moon”), is set to go into production in January.
Deadline, who stresses the studio are also looking at testing other actors for these roles before committing to a decision, says :
The role-playing game takes place in a medieval-like setting where players control avatars that take on gryphons, dragons, zombies, werewolves and elves. Time travel and alien worlds also are part of the mix. The project is one of Legendary’s biggest and was supposed to be made at Warner Bros. Since Thomas Tull’s financing/production company moved over to Universal Pictures, I expect the film to be located there as well.
Farrell next appears in Disney’s “Saving Mr. Banks”, while Patton appeared in the recent Mark Wahlberg-Denzel Washington actioner “2 Guns”.
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014
- J.Jonah Jameson vs. King Kong - December 16, 2014
- Finally! McDonald’s movie in the works - December 11, 2014