Colin Farrell is negotiating, and Paula Patton is a near lock, to join the cast of Legendary’s “Warcraft” movie.
The movie adaptation of the Blizzard video game, to be directed by Duncan Jones (“Moon”), is set to go into production in January.
Deadline, who stresses the studio are also looking at testing other actors for these roles before committing to a decision, says :
The role-playing game takes place in a medieval-like setting where players control avatars that take on gryphons, dragons, zombies, werewolves and elves. Time travel and alien worlds also are part of the mix. The project is one of Legendary’s biggest and was supposed to be made at Warner Bros. Since Thomas Tull’s financing/production company moved over to Universal Pictures, I expect the film to be located there as well.
Farrell next appears in Disney’s “Saving Mr. Banks”, while Patton appeared in the recent Mark Wahlberg-Denzel Washington actioner “2 Guns”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015