Kellan Lutz is in talks to play Gabriel in “Mary, Mother of Christ” for Australian director Alister Grierson (“Sanctum”) and Stealth Media, an oft-reliable tipster tells Moviehole.
The biblical epic, which Sir Ben Kingsley, Sir Peter O’Toole and Julia Ormond are also attached to, has been described in the past as somewhat of a prequel to Mel Gibson’s “Passion of the Christ”.
Odeya Rush plays the title role.
The film chronicles the journey of Mary (Rush), mother to Jesus, and her plight to keep her offspring safe from the ruthless and powerful Herod the Great (Kingsley). Joseph, Mary’s soul mate, devotes himself to being full-time protector of the twosome.
Lutz, currently working with another Aussie director Patrick Hughes on “Expendables 3″, would play the Archangel Gabriel.
Barbara Nicolosi and Mary Aloe wrote the latest draft.
”The film has had a few stops and starts over the past couple of years but looks to now be on track for a 2014 release”, we’re told.
Lutz’s other credits include the “Twilight” series, “Immortals”, “Java Heat”, “Syrup” and “Hercules 3D”.
We’ll wait for official confirmation before considering this a lock, but sounds like a rather ambitious project with an equally ambitious cast.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014