Kellan Lutz is in talks to play Gabriel in “Mary, Mother of Christ” for Australian director Alister Grierson (“Sanctum”) and Stealth Media, an oft-reliable tipster tells Moviehole.
The biblical epic, which Sir Ben Kingsley, Sir Peter O’Toole and Julia Ormond are also attached to, has been described in the past as somewhat of a prequel to Mel Gibson’s “Passion of the Christ”.
Odeya Rush plays the title role.
The film chronicles the journey of Mary (Rush), mother to Jesus, and her plight to keep her offspring safe from the ruthless and powerful Herod the Great (Kingsley). Joseph, Mary’s soul mate, devotes himself to being full-time protector of the twosome.
Lutz, currently working with another Aussie director Patrick Hughes on “Expendables 3″, would play the Archangel Gabriel.
Barbara Nicolosi and Mary Aloe wrote the latest draft.
”The film has had a few stops and starts over the past couple of years but looks to now be on track for a 2014 release”, we’re told.
Lutz’s other credits include the “Twilight” series, “Immortals”, “Java Heat”, “Syrup” and “Hercules 3D”.
We’ll wait for official confirmation before considering this a lock, but sounds like a rather ambitious project with an equally ambitious cast.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015