Kellan Lutz is in talks to play Gabriel in “Mary, Mother of Christ” for Australian director Alister Grierson (“Sanctum”) and Stealth Media, an oft-reliable tipster tells Moviehole.
The biblical epic, which Sir Ben Kingsley, Sir Peter O’Toole and Julia Ormond are also attached to, has been described in the past as somewhat of a prequel to Mel Gibson’s “Passion of the Christ”.
Odeya Rush plays the title role.
The film chronicles the journey of Mary (Rush), mother to Jesus, and her plight to keep her offspring safe from the ruthless and powerful Herod the Great (Kingsley). Joseph, Mary’s soul mate, devotes himself to being full-time protector of the twosome.
Lutz, currently working with another Aussie director Patrick Hughes on “Expendables 3″, would play the Archangel Gabriel.
Barbara Nicolosi and Mary Aloe wrote the latest draft.
”The film has had a few stops and starts over the past couple of years but looks to now be on track for a 2014 release”, we’re told.
Lutz’s other credits include the “Twilight” series, “Immortals”, “Java Heat”, “Syrup” and “Hercules 3D”.
We’ll wait for official confirmation before considering this a lock, but sounds like a rather ambitious project with an equally ambitious cast.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015