Jason Segel’s getting in bed with Sony Pictures to star in an untitled “Canadian maple syrup heist comedy” for “Horrible Bosses” helmner Seth Gordon, according to Deadline.
Chris Sheridan (“Family Guy”) wrote the script, said to be “inspired by real events reported in the Montreal Gazette by journalist Anne Sutherland. Over $20 million worth of maple syrup was stolen in 2012 from Quebec’s Federation of Maple Syrup Producers and to date, over 20 individuals have been arrested in conjunction with the heist as prosecutors try to make the charges stick.”
Segel’s series “How I Met Your Mother” returned to the air this week with it’s final season so Segel’s on the hunt for some good movie roles to dig into after that wraps.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014