Jason Segel’s getting in bed with Sony Pictures to star in an untitled “Canadian maple syrup heist comedy” for “Horrible Bosses” helmner Seth Gordon, according to Deadline.
Chris Sheridan (“Family Guy”) wrote the script, said to be “inspired by real events reported in the Montreal Gazette by journalist Anne Sutherland. Over $20 million worth of maple syrup was stolen in 2012 from Quebec’s Federation of Maple Syrup Producers and to date, over 20 individuals have been arrested in conjunction with the heist as prosecutors try to make the charges stick.”
Segel’s series “How I Met Your Mother” returned to the air this week with it’s final season so Segel’s on the hunt for some good movie roles to dig into after that wraps.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015