“Hunger Games” director Gary Ross is set to team with starlet Jennifer Lawrence to develop the adaptation of John Steinbeck’s “East of Eden” according to THR.
Although details are yet to be confirmed, it looks like Ross will sign on as director with Brian Grazer and Imagine Entertainment to produce the flick. It is likely that Lawrence will be involved in a starring role.
Universal Picture is behind the movie, having just finalized a deal with Steinbeck’s estate.
Ross and Lawrence together helped Lionsgate’s adaptation of “The Hunger Games” reach lofty box-office heights in 2012. Although some fans were critical of Ross’ use of “shaky” camera techniques to depict Katniss’ (Lawrence) time in the Hunger Games arena, comments on the film were largely positive, especially by fans of the novel.
More news on “East of Eden” to come.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013