Like a freckly introvert in love with the prom king, I’m protecting myself from hurt by simply… not going there.
So, as Marty informed Doc part-way thru “Back to the Future Part II”, ‘We’re Going Back.. Again” (to check out naked Demi).
Directed by Ed Zwick, a few years shy of his Oscar winning clapper “Glory”, “About Last Night..” was a film based on one of David Mamet’s plays – Sexual Pervisty in Chicago. Set where the play ‘s titled stated, it told the realistic, somewhat funny, super sweet, and god-darn randy story of a couple of youngsters that meet at a bar, jump into bed, and quickly learn that a relationship isn’t all about comparing ass scars (or sharing a big pair of headphones). The movie, with its witty dialogue, fun performances (James Belushi and Elizabeth Perkins, playing the respective best friends of the main characters, both rocked), cool soundtrack (did I mention Segar!?), and naked bits and bobs, grabbed the audience by their tight jeans and never let up. Though not considered as classic as some of the other Brat Pack-starring films of the time, like “The Breakfast Club”, “About Last Night..” still has its fans.
Here are 10 things you’re unlikely to see in the remake that made 1986’s “About Last Night…” such a titillating treat.
1. The funniest opening titles for a Brat Pack flick this side of Hughes.
2. Demi Moore’s naked back infused with Sheena Easton songs.
3. Rob Lowe offering Demi Moore offering a drawer – a “whole” drawer.
4. A Megan Mullaly cameo.
5. A soundtrack of rockin’ ballads.
6. The ability to make women laugh over the most inane of things.
7. Half of Hall and Oates.
8. Sam Seaborn at his most emotional.
9. A Chick that sounds like Jessica Rabbit at a funeral.
10. A very un-Hollywood, but credible ending (betcha the remake ties it all up with a much prettier bow!) that has the audience nodding in approval. No rush, here. No rush..
Catch “About Last Night…” on a TV/DVD/VHS near you!
And finally, the most uplifting love song this side of… the driver’s seat of my car on a sunny, Sunday afternoon.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.