With Disney deciding to dust-off some of its animated favourites to be translated into live-actions remakes, Cruella de Vil looks set to reappear on the silver screen, according to THR.
Production is currently underway for Kenneth Branagh’s live-action adaptation on Disney classic “Cinderella” and Angelina Jolie is set to star as the wicked witch from Sleeping Beauty in “Maleficent” next year. Thus, it comes as no surprise that “The Devil Wears Prada” scribe Aline McKenna is being pursued to write the script for “Cruella”.
Andrew Gunn (“Bedtime Stories) will be producing the film, and it will be interesting to see how a Disney film whre the villain takes the lead does in the box office.
Having said that, I can certainly see how a nice parallel could be drawn between the fur-wearing Cruella and the delightfully bitchy Miranda Priestly (“The Devil Wears Prada”).
Who knows – if “Maleficent” does well in the box-office, we might just see the likes of Meryl Streep don a white and black wig and a wicked laugh to play one of Disney’s most iconic villains.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013