Rising-star film company Lionsgate has convinced Kevin James to sign a deal to develop big-and-small screen projects for the studio, according to THR.
Lionsgate has today reached an overall deal with James that will span feature films and television projects. It is anticipated that James will star as well as have a producing role, although no official notice has been given on what types of projects he will be involved with.
“We’re delighted to be in the Kevin James business and, on a personal level, I’m pleased to reunite with my star from The King of Queens,” said Lionsgate CEO John Feltheimer.
“Kevin is exactly the kind of versatile and entrepreneurial acting, producing and writing talent with whom we like to partner. He has a tremendous track record in both the film and TV business, and we look forward to partnering with him on a wide range of projects in the years to come.”
The deal comes as Lionsgate capitalizes on its success with films such as “The Hunger Games” to expand its entertainment portfolio.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013