“World War Z” director Marc Forster will not be involved in any potential sequel, according to THR.
Although no specific reason has been announced for Forster’s not being included in the plans for a sequel, a great deal of internal creative drama during the production of the first film seems to be the cause.
Brad Pitt’s Plan B Entertainment is moving forward with development of the sequel after “World War Z” proved to be a box-office success.
“We are talking about it… We are going to investigate a script. We have a lot of ideas we will cull from. Nobody is writing just yet, but we are compiling ideas,” said Pitt.
Based loosely on Max Brooks’ novel of the same name, “World War Z” was the topic of much media scrutiny for its over-inflated budget, rewrites and reshoots during the production process. However, it is also a reminder on how important it is not to judge a film until the final product makes its way to the silver screen.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013