‘Who the hell cares, Morris!? We’ll sell it!’
Bradley Cooper flick “Limitless” is getting the TV treatment courtesy Relativity Television, Georgeville Television and star Cooper, returning as executive producer, says Deadline.
Unveiled at Mipcom, the upcoming small-screen spin-off will ‘apparently’ have enough on offer to guarantee a good, compelling weekly one-hour drama.
“Limitless is the perfect example of Relativity’s multiplatform approach to creating quality content,” said Relativity’s Ryan Kavanaugh.
Added Georgeville TV CEO Marc Rosen, “The film has an organic natural extension into a compelling and sophisticated one-hour drama that is both a thrill-ride and a social commentary.”
“Limitless”, you’ll recall, starred Cooper as a forlorn writer whose life is transformed when he gets hold of a ‘smart drug’ that turns him into the perfect version of himself. Robert De Niro and Abbie Cornish added their heads to the poster, too.
The movie did fairly good business, opening at number.1 and grossing over $160 million worldwide, which likely explains the interest in exploiting the brand further.
But again, is there enough here to guarantee appeal over the course of 20-something episodes?
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.