Clint’s reported on this abysmal looking thing before, and once is probably enough, nonetheless Ketchup Entertainment has released the trailer for the latest Friedberg/Seltzer spoof, “The Hunger Games”.
The movie, destined to be as about as funny as the duo’s previous films “Meet the Spartans” and “Vampires Suck”, is of course a spoof of “Ocean’s Thirteen”.
No, it’s actually – like I have to explain my dud jokes – “The Hunger Games” that has the Mickey taken out of it, with everything from “The Avengers” to “Oz : The Great & Powerful” also mocked.
We’ve always known these mock-flicks weren’t funny, and haven’t been funny since the days of Leslie Nielsen and the first couple of “Scary Movie”s, but now the studio’s do too. The duo started making these movies at big studios, like Fox, and with name actors like Alyson Hannigan, Fred Willard and Kevin Sorbo. But now, not only are they doing them independently, but they – this latest one, anyway – doesn’t seem to have any names in it whatsoever, and it’s bypassing cinemas altogether. The film gods are trying to tell you something boys! We’re over them!
The Starving Games opens in select theaters, VOD and Digital November 8, 2013.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014