Chris Pine and Christoph Waltz were approached to play a nasty father-and-son duo in New Line’s “Horrible Bosses 2″, according to Deadline.
Waltz, sadly, has passed (likely due to a busy schedule), but Pine – next in “Jack Ryan” – is said to be interested in playing the part of the younger employer.
The studio is looking to try and get a few big names to play the villains of the sequel, those ‘horrible bosses’ of the title, and ideally some A listers that can put in just-as-memorable turns as Colin Farrell, Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Spacey did in the 2011 original.
Pine, being one of the bigger younger movie stars around at the moment, would be quite a catch.
Jason Sudeikis, Jason Bateman and Charlie Day reprise their roles from the original surprise hit, due Thanksgiving 2014.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015