So much for any hope of a “Remington Steele” movie (though, honestly, who actually expected it’d come to fruition?); NBC have announced they’re bringing the popular ’80s series back to Telly. Pierce Brosnan and Stefanie Zimbalist, who headlined the previous version, won’t be involved.
The new series will serve as somewhat of a sequel to the original, and is being developed as a half-hour sitcom.
Jay Scherick and David Ronn (”Zookeeper”, ”Spin City”) are behind the new version, which “follows Olivia Holt, the daughter of Remington Steele and Laura Holt, as she reopens the once-world-famous Remington Steele Detective Agency — only to fall into the same hilarious, action-packed, romantic entanglements of her parents.”
“Zombieland” and “Gangster Squad” helmer Ruben Fleischer will direct the pilot.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015