It’s been a while since a good John Grisham drama hit the movie screens (a small-screen version of “The Firm”, starring Josh Lucas, lived it’s short-life on TV early last year), so fans of the author’s gripping courtroom yarns will welcome this news.
Fox2000 has tapped Frank Baldwin to write the feature film adaptation of Grisham’s “The Racketeer”.
The novel revolves around a former marine-turned-attorney in a small Virginia law firm who unwittingly gets caught up in a shady deal and is given a decade sentence after an FBI sweep. His career and marriage in tatters, he gains leverage when a judge is murdered and he’s the only one who knows why and what was kept in the judge’s empty safe. He gets sprung, but is not near done getting revenge against the feds that put him behind bars
Originally, New Regency were going to team with Fox on the project but when talks with “Safe House” director Daniel Espinosa stalled, the former dropped out.
Some other Grisham books turned films include “A Time to Kill”, “The Client” and “The Runaway Jury”.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014