“Aliens” producer Gale Anne Hurd is adapting Whitley Strieber’s best-selling novel “Alien Hunter” for the small screen.
The legendary producer, also partly responsible for TV megahit “The Walking Dead”, which she’s an executive producer on, has cranked a deal with the SyFy network. Natalie Chaldez will write.
Says The Hollywood Reporter :
Based on Whitley Strieber’s best-selling novel Alien Hunter, the 90-minute drama, which is in development, follows a Pennsylvania detective-turned-suspect Flynn Carroll who, after his wife mysteriously goes missing, is determined to prove his innocence and find her. His search leads to evidence that dangerous alien cells are living among us, and the U.S. government has a secret organization in place to thwart their terrorist efforts.
“It’s based on Whitley Strieber, who’s most well-known for Communion. He’s a person incredibly well spoken, incredibly bright and incredibly knowledgeable. He had an encounter, and it changed his life — in good ways and in not so good ways,” Hurd said. “It’s a work of fiction. Many of the books he has written have been nonfiction, and this is fiction. It’s based on his book Alien Hunter, and it’s about a police officer whose wife goes missing. And in his search to find out the truth of her abduction, he finds something much more dangerous that could potentially affect the fate of the planet.”
Hurd’s not unfamiliar with extra terrestrial fare, having also worked on James Cameron’s “Aliens” and the cult classic “Alien Nation”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015