John Lee Hancock (“The Blind Side”) will direct reshoots on Disney’s “Malificent”, says THR.
The filmmaker steps in for Robert Stromberg, a production design making his debut on the Angelina Jolie-starrer. Hancock also wrote the new scenes he’s going to shoot.
“We asked him to be on set,” producer Joe Roth of the filmmaker, who also wrote “Snow White & The Huntsman”. “He’s not directing. He wrote pages, and I hired a first-time director, and it’s good to have him on set.”
“The movie is gorgeous to look at, and the last 75 minutes are really entertaining,” he says. The issue is the opening, which is being reshot over eight days.
The new scenes don’t involve Jolie, who plays the lead role.
“Maleficent” has been shooting since June 2012. While reshoots are common place, having another director coming in isn’t so common.
The “Cinderella” spin-off is due out first quarter next year.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015