John Lee Hancock (“The Blind Side”) will direct reshoots on Disney’s “Malificent”, says THR.
The filmmaker steps in for Robert Stromberg, a production design making his debut on the Angelina Jolie-starrer. Hancock also wrote the new scenes he’s going to shoot.
“We asked him to be on set,” producer Joe Roth of the filmmaker, who also wrote “Snow White & The Huntsman”. “He’s not directing. He wrote pages, and I hired a first-time director, and it’s good to have him on set.”
“The movie is gorgeous to look at, and the last 75 minutes are really entertaining,” he says. The issue is the opening, which is being reshot over eight days.
The new scenes don’t involve Jolie, who plays the lead role.
“Maleficent” has been shooting since June 2012. While reshoots are common place, having another director coming in isn’t so common.
The “Cinderella” spin-off is due out first quarter next year.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014