John Lee Hancock (“The Blind Side”) will direct reshoots on Disney’s “Malificent”, says THR.
The filmmaker steps in for Robert Stromberg, a production design making his debut on the Angelina Jolie-starrer. Hancock also wrote the new scenes he’s going to shoot.
“We asked him to be on set,” producer Joe Roth of the filmmaker, who also wrote “Snow White & The Huntsman”. “He’s not directing. He wrote pages, and I hired a first-time director, and it’s good to have him on set.”
“The movie is gorgeous to look at, and the last 75 minutes are really entertaining,” he says. The issue is the opening, which is being reshot over eight days.
The new scenes don’t involve Jolie, who plays the lead role.
“Maleficent” has been shooting since June 2012. While reshoots are common place, having another director coming in isn’t so common.
The “Cinderella” spin-off is due out first quarter next year.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015