According to the oft-reliable Latino Review, Lucasfilm are said to be considering two titles for the upcoming seventh (or fourth, if you prefer to pretend the prequels don’t exist – like many do) “Star Wars” film.
George Lucas has apparently had two titles in mind for the new film, “Return of the Sith” and “Rise of Jedi”. The titles were turned over to the Disney company – who now own the “Star Wars” rights – through the sale.
Still, no guarantee that the studio will end up using these titles, but they did buy them so there’s more than a fair chance they will choose one of them.
Personally, I like “Rise of the Jedi” – it sounds exciting, promising, and unlike “Return of the Sith” doesn’t immediately spur up visions of some kind of “Revenge of the Sith” and “Return of the Jedi” hybrid.
The screenplay is being written by “Little Miss Sunshine” scribe Michael Arndt, with JJ Abrams directing.
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014
- J.Jonah Jameson vs. King Kong - December 16, 2014
- Finally! McDonald’s movie in the works - December 11, 2014