Chris Pine has closed his deal to partake in the “Horrible Bosses” sequel. He plays one half of a father-and-son duo. The studio is now on the hunt for an actor to play the father, with Christoph Waltz passing.
Chris Pine and Christoph Waltz were approached to play a nasty father-and-son duo in New Line’s “Horrible Bosses 2″, according to Deadline.
Waltz, sadly, has passed (likely due to a busy schedule), but Pine – next in “Jack Ryan” – is said to be interested in playing the part of the younger employer.
The studio is looking to try and get a few big names to play the villains of the sequel, those ‘horrible bosses’ of the title, and ideally some A listers that can put in just-as-memorable turns as Colin Farrell, Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Spacey did in the 2011 original.
Pine, being one of the bigger younger movie stars around at the moment, would be quite a catch.
Jason Sudeikis, Jason Bateman and Charlie Day reprise their roles from the original surprise hit, due Thanksgiving 2014.
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014