Sounds like they’ve having a spot of trouble with the “50 Shades of Grey” movie.
Firstly, Charlie Hunnam has dropped out. The “Pacific Rim” star said he’s just too busy with his series “Sons of Anarchy” to invest himself in a session of bondage and whatnot with a pretty girl.
Now, THR says the film’s script is headed back to the typewriters (or maybe the script had noticeable issues earlier, and that’s why Hunnam left?) with Patrick Marber (“Notes on a Scandal”) giving it a polish.
Meantime, Universal/Focus are still looking for a new Christian Grey, after Hunnam’s sudden departure. Fan-favourite Matt Bomer strangely hasn’t been mentioned as being in contention, the trades only listing
Alexander Skarsgard (“True Blood”) and Jamie Dornan (“The Fall”) as possible fill-ins. The studio also is revisiting its initial list of possible contenders, including Theo James and Christian Cooke.
The movie is due to start filming next month.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015