Dwayne Johnson’s closed a deal to star in New Line earthquake flick “San Andreas”, The Hollywood Reporter tells.
The project reunites Johnson with director Brad Peyton, whom he worked with on “Journey 2 : The Mysterious Island”.
The project is due to kick off in April 2014, and be released sometime in 2015.
The script is set after a devastating earthquake hits California and centres on a rugged rescue-helicopter pilot (Johnson) making a perilous trip across the state to rescue his estranged daughter.
Johnson was also recently named as the star of an in-development feature adaptation of ’80s TV classic “The Fall Guy”.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014