Dwayne Johnson’s closed a deal to star in New Line earthquake flick “San Andreas”, The Hollywood Reporter tells.
The project reunites Johnson with director Brad Peyton, whom he worked with on “Journey 2 : The Mysterious Island”.
The project is due to kick off in April 2014, and be released sometime in 2015.
The script is set after a devastating earthquake hits California and centres on a rugged rescue-helicopter pilot (Johnson) making a perilous trip across the state to rescue his estranged daughter.
Johnson was also recently named as the star of an in-development feature adaptation of ’80s TV classic “The Fall Guy”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015