Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd are the frontrunners to play “Ant-Man” in director Edgar Wright’s long-awaited superhero film of the same name, according to Variety.
Wright, who has been developing for the film for a number of years, seems intent on courting an actor for the role of the Avenger – best known as Henry Pym, a scientist who invents a serum which he can use to shrink to different sizes – that’s more of an “every man”, rather than your characteristically palpable action star.
Though Joseph Gordon-Levitt isn’t unfamiliar to comic book terrain, this would be the first time the “Dark Knight Rises” co-star has played the central superhero of the piece. Rudd, better known for his comedy work, would be making his superhero debut in the film.
Who do you like better for Ant-Man?
“Ant-Man” is due July 31, 2015.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014