Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd are the frontrunners to play “Ant-Man” in director Edgar Wright’s long-awaited superhero film of the same name, according to Variety.
Wright, who has been developing for the film for a number of years, seems intent on courting an actor for the role of the Avenger – best known as Henry Pym, a scientist who invents a serum which he can use to shrink to different sizes – that’s more of an “every man”, rather than your characteristically palpable action star.
Though Joseph Gordon-Levitt isn’t unfamiliar to comic book terrain, this would be the first time the “Dark Knight Rises” co-star has played the central superhero of the piece. Rudd, better known for his comedy work, would be making his superhero debut in the film.
Who do you like better for Ant-Man?
“Ant-Man” is due July 31, 2015.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015